Twort’s Counterstain Kit, Volume Optimized
Cytoplasm: Light Green
Prepare the Following Solution Immediately Before Use.
Working Twort’s Counterstain Solution:
(Add components in the order listed)
30 ml Distilled Water
9 ml Twort’s Neutral Red (Part A)
2 ml Twort’s Fast Green (Part B)
1. Deparaffinize sections if necessary and hydrate to distilled water.
2. Stain slide in Working Twort’s Counterstain for 5 minutes. Use once and discard.
3. Rinse quickly in distilled water.
4. Dip once in absolute alcohol.
5. Decolorize quickly and carefully in Acetic Alcohol Solution until no more red color comes away (a few seconds).
6. Dip two times in absolute alcohol.
7. Clear, and mount in synthetic resin.
Hover over each placard to see a description of its meaningUN1170 Ethanol Solutions, 3, II